Career and education resources for aspiring IT professionals
IT Career Paths is your place to find your next career in the field of Information Technology. With the resources on this site, you can learn what kinds of technology careers are in demand, what those careers are like, and how to contact employers who are looking for individuals with your set of skills. We curate our information and statistics from all over the web, including sites such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Indeed.com and CIOInsight.com
You can also use this site to find education and training programs that can prepare you to help meet the demand for skilled IT professionals. Take some time to read the statistics below to see how you can benefit from pursuing a career in IT.
If you are ready to take the next step, use IT Career Paths to start searching for your next opportunity in the growing field of information technology.
Here are results of a survey conducted by CIOInsights.com
Job Outlook for the IT Career Field
- 65% of participants plan on hiring more IT employees in the first half of 2012 than they did in the second half of 2011.
- 36% of intend to hire up to 10% more IT employees in the first half of 2012 than they did in the second half of this year.
- 37% of intend to add 11% to 20% more IT workers than they did in the second half of 2011.
- 42% envision higher salaries for new tech workers.
- 48% say it’s taking longer to fill open IT positions today compared to last year.
- 57% say it takes longer to fill open tech positions because of the inability to find qualified talent to fill them.
- 70% say layoffs are unlikely over the next six months at their organizations.
- 62% say that voluntary departures at their company will not increase in 2012.